[PLUG] Wide-screen monitors

Jeff Moore jeff at sharetechnw.com
Fri Dec 22 18:14:34 UTC 2006

> I am thinking about getting a wide-screen TFT monitor, probably
> with a resolution of 1680 x 1050 (WUXGA). I have heard > conflicting
> reports as to the adaptability of Linux to such a monitor.  Is it
> likely that it would work with native resolution of the monitor?
> Are there any potential pitfalls?

FYI - I am running Ubuntu Edgy on a Viewsonic VG2230wm 22" Widescreen. I highly recommend this monitor. As far as I have seen it is the best bang for the buck. We paid about $380.00 for it. Note I had to go into xorg to set the 1680x1050 but other than that all works well. Also I am using an Nvidia Gforce4 TI 4200 with it.
Hope this helps!
JM