[PLUG] Saving mailing lists with mutt

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 27 23:38:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I use mutt, and often save interesting mailings from lists in
> appropriately named mail folders.  For example, I save most things from
> pdx-pm-list in the "perl" folder.  However, I get the mails as individual
> files with From: lines of the authors, not the list, which makes saving
> more interesting.

Keith,

   Nice geek approach. I use pine and have procmail recipes that sort mail
list arrivals into the appropriate files based on the 'To: ' line. It's
worked here for a number of years and is very easy to maintain and enhance
as necessary.

   In my naivete, I consulted Occam's Razor which said I was using procmail
as the MDA so why not let it do the sorting regardless of the MUA in use?