[PLUG] Re: PLUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 73

Jeff Moore jeff at sharetechnw.com
Fri Dec 29 23:41:33 UTC 2006

> Because of the spam issue, I question the idea of using Qwest's smtp
> server to send email and another ISP's email account to receive it.

Gotta say I just installed Zimbra and WOW!! As long as you tighten its spam settings it works wonderfully!!
Big Fan!

> Too bad there isn't a competitor to Comcast offering
> static subnets at a reasonable price.
> I don't buy Comcast's,
> "putting everyone on dynamic ip addresses makes managing our
> network easier," comments by the way.

Note: Comcast does have a business service. I actually use it and its wonderful. You get 5 statics and great throughput..
Keep in mind that it is not a T1. It is still broadband and you are still going to get the same promises for outages time to repair etc..

jm