[PLUG] Why Does Attachment Grow When Message Forwarded?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 2 03:47:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Alan wrote:

> It is the difference between an unencoded v.s. encoded file.  I expect the
> encoding to make it able to pass through a mail server correctly is adding
> the extra size.

   Thank you, Alan. I was focused on the mail and not thinking about having to
encode it as a MIME attachment. This means that when I forward it, it's
already converted to a text form so that it can squeeze between the molecules
an into the wires.

   You and Paul have been your usual helpful selves.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"