[PLUG] Pine and IMAP question

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Feb 3 14:18:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Brent Rieck wrote:

>  Can I add all of the IMAP folders I have en-mass to my Pine
> configuration?  I've got about 50 that I'd like to add and it's a
> little tedious and error prone to type them all in and then test
> each one.

Probably, but you'll need to provide a little more info:

* By 'IMAP folders' you mean messages stored on a machine other
   than the the one on which you're running pine, right?

* Are those folders currently visible to your other mail client(s)?

* Are those folders in their own directory hierarchy, unmixed with
   non-mail files?

If you provide a munged version of the remote hostname and the logical
path to (e.g., ~/imap) to your folders, I'd be happy to show you the
alterations you need to make to your ~/.pinerc.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>