[PLUG] mysql help needed! -> trying to setup mythTV

Sean Whitney sean.whitney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:02:59 UTC 2006

The Debian mythtv package came with a small mysql script

CREATE DATABASE mythconverg;
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost
IDENTIFIED BY "<replace with your mythtv password>";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

that might help

I also second installing phpmyadmin....

Sean