[PLUG] slackware with RAID experts?

Aaron Ten Clay aaron at madebyai.com
Tue Feb 7 03:44:51 UTC 2006

On Mon February 6 2006 19:38, Chris Dawson wrote:
> I have a machine which uses RAID, but I cannot install Slackware 10.2
> on it.  I am unable to determine which kernel to use.  I am not a
> Slackware expert, but need to use Slackware since it provides the 2.4
> kernel.  If anyone on this list considers themself a Slackware expert
> and/or has experience getting RAID working under Linux, please contact
> me as I would hire you for several hours to get this installed.  I can
> provide more hardware details if you'd need that beforehand.

I have quite a bit of experience with software raid, and a modest amount with hardware raid. Which are you using?

I'd be glad to help if I can, I'm a Gentoo guy myself but Slackware shouldn't be too hard to work with, I think it basically tries to accomplish the same thing (build your own distro)

Gentoo also supports the 2.4 kernel series, by the way.

-Aaron