[PLUG] Hosting recommendations.

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Thu Feb 9 16:51:51 UTC 2006

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> So, I'm trying to get my affairs in order and re-arrange my life for
> portability.  The hardline to my house and servers is probably going to
> have to go away in exchange for really cheap DSL and a smell phone.
>
> I have a couple of servers running VERY low traffic web and my personal
> mail domains.  Being a total geek, I like to have control over exactly
> what's running, so UML sounds like a great idea.
>
> Whom would y'all recommend?  Is somebody dirt cheap (but with caveats)?

I'm using coherenthosting.com out of Portland.  They are UML and very steady.
They are more expensive than the numbers I've seen on this list in answer to
your question but you pay for what you get. I'm very satisfied with them,
running production web servers and email there.

Scott

--
q: Why do so many people take an instant dislike to MySQL and PHP?
a: It saves time.