[PLUG] Minor Issue: Firefox-1.5 No Longer Blocks PopUp Ads

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 10 14:17:32 UTC 2006

   I wonder if anyone else has found that the upgrade from Firefox-1.0.7 to
-1.5 has changed the was the ad block extension works. Or, is it something
here that I lost?

   In 1.0.x versions I had the ad block extension in place and once I had
marked the frames/images in the sites I regularly visited, they no longer
appeared. Now it appears that the blocking is momentary at best. I have
popups blocked in the preferences as well as having installed the proper
version of the extension.

Suggestions welcome,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"