[PLUG] X Login problem

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 04:32:25 UTC 2006

# from Robert Kopp
# on Friday 10 February 2006 10:47 am:

>Refreshing this file once every two weeks, should it happen
>again, is not too much effort.

An answer, but I hope there's a better long-term solution.  Possibly,
you've acquired an unstable version of something in a recent upgrade
(most likely via dependencies.)  Maybe you can catch the culprit by
running a perl daemon built with SGI::FAM and dumping a ps listing to a
log.  (Though I make no guarantees about that guess.)

On a mildly related note and just for the sake of useful archives, I'll
mention that I recently broke my X in a completely different way.  KDM
wouldn't start on reboot because I had recently reformatted my /tmp/
partition and forgotten to set it as world-writable!

--Eric
--
"It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are
in a hurry."