[PLUG] Firefox Site Filter?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 15 17:27:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> privoxy is a nice filtering proxy.  You run it as a daemon and just set the
> port number in your browser's config. If you're talking workstations and
> not portables, you can set it as the proxy for all of your boxen. It does a
> nice job blocking most ad sites with the default configs and has
> white/black lists if you want to expand the rules.

Eric,

   Ah, yes. I do have privoxy installed on my main workstation/server, but she
works on a ThinkPad connected wirelessly from the den.

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"