[PLUG] PLUG Linux Clinic at Free Geek this Sunday

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 16:13:32 UTC 2006

> Bruce> If I were to show up and wanted help with a computer, what
> Bruce> would I need to bring besides the computer...keyboard, mouse,
> Bruce> monitor (too heavy, it's old)????

At the meeting when last Sunday there was some discussion of
having a box where we could have "PLUG stuff" -- for things like a
mouse, keyboard and other parts that someone might need. The
point was that many times at a Clinic the user's problem turned out
to be equipment failure instead of a problem with Linux. And even if
the user's equipment is fine, sometimes you need to swap out
something to rule out equipment failure.

So maybe we should just buy a monitor from Free Geek and put it
on the shelf next to the PLUG stuff box. That way we wouldn't have
to worry about borrowing one from Free Geek. I would be willing to
chip in a few bucks.

In the meantime, Bruce, I noted that there were a number of roll-
around carts at Free Geek. If you can get it into your car I'm sure
we can get it inside.