[PLUG] A Protocol For Enabling Sound -- SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 23 23:20:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Larry Brigman wrote:

> The standard for main speakers is the green rimmed jack. (Me thinks this
> should be the front speakers if you have three or six jacks on the back of
> the box)

Larry,

   A-ha! I had not looked closely at the back of the monitor (with a
flashlight and reading glasses). Sure enough, the green jack is marked with a
little headphone, and the blue jack is marked with what's supposed to be a
speaker pair.

   Swapping the cable so it connects green on the box to blue on the monitor
fixed it right up.

   Thank you very much. Never before paid any attention to this.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"