[PLUG] A Protocol For Enabling Sound

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 23:23:27 UTC 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I see in dmesg that the via82xx driver is installed
<...>
> xmms runs and I can see the oscilliscope image dancing with the
> music, but no sound through the speakers in the monitor.
<...>
>   What have I missed in this?

On the two or three occasions I've had a similar problem (spaced months
apart), I've always found that the mixer comes up with the channel I
need muted. It's the software version of "did you check the cables?" I
trust you've already thought of it, but in case you didn't...

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/