[PLUG] Another media question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 24 00:14:32 UTC 2006

   Since I'm cheering you all up with my naivete today, let me ask the next
question: How to I tell Firefox to open xmms when it finds an mms file on a
link? I've gone to Edit->Preferences->Downloads and tried to enter 'mms' in
the downloads action dialog box. No joy there.

   There's a Web site that has sample files in mms format. My Google search
taught me that this is the "multimedia messaging service" follow up to the
infamous SMS text messaging. I've no idea why this is the format they
provide, but ... there it is.

   Is this unavailable to us antiques who could not care less about text
messaging?

TIA,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"