[PLUG] Clonezilla

Dave Poirier dave_poirier at parkrose.k12.or.us
Fri Feb 24 03:57:00 UTC 2006

I assume that you are using Ghost for distributing Windows... (We all
know what happens when you assume) disregard the rest of this message if
you are not.

No experience with Clonezilla, but another option may be Unattended.
http://unattended.sourceforge.net/

The server is fairly straight forward to set up, you can customize
driver templates, integrate apps and hot fixes. Unlike Ghost, it is
truly a unique install to each machine, which does have some
advantages.  Once you have it configured like you want, you can drop in
a CD and come back in thirty minutes and have a fully configured
machine. Unfortunately for us, this has not replaced Ghost completely,
we use it in addition to (we still use Ghost for large labs). Unattended
has been good for the areas that do not have such a large install base.
For some it may be able to replace it completely.
Good luck,
Dave Poirier