[PLUG] Another media question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 24 14:31:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Paul Mullen wrote:

> "MMS" stands for something like "Microsoft Media Server", and is the
> protocol Bill, etc. use to deliver streaming audio/video. I use a neat
> little command-line app called "mimms" every so often to save an MMS stream
> to disk. A lot of media outlets use MMS to deliver their audio programming
> over the web.

Paul,

   I shouldda' known it was Winduhs-specific. I'll try mimms.

> Unfortunately, I've never had the need to add a new protocol handler to
> Firefox. The following page appears helpful, though:

   There is a Web page with instructions for adding that protocol to Firefox.
Worked for the guy who posted it, but not for me. I suspect that it's because
there are multiple definitions of 'mms'.

Thank you very much,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"