[PLUG] A New (to me) phishing attack

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 21:18:40 UTC 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   No, in your case you need to set up SA so it filters what Thunderbird
> collects for you from Comcast. Just how this is done I don't know. But, I
> know that a lot of folks here do know how to do this.
>
>> I suppose I should start by reading up on postfix and procmail.
>

>   No, read up on SA at their Web site:
> <http://www.spamassassin.apache.org/>.

This is starting to sound familiar. Now that I think about it, I asked
this type of question several months ago. (Looks deep into saved
e-mail...) Sure enough, we had a very similar discussion back in late
October of last year. You even generated almost the same explanation of
how e-mail moves about. Russ Johnson said that Fetchmail / SA / T-bird
can be done, and I allowed as how I'd have to look into it. Well, I'm
almost to the point of having time for it, so I'll try to leave this
message somewhere near the top of the stack as a reminder of what I
already know!

Thanks, again(!), for the advice.

>   I'm sure that this advice may seem about as useful to you as the
> advice an owl once gave to a grasshopper:

Weren't you addressed as grasshopper just the other day? ;-)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/