[PLUG] Meaning of Web Tracking Log Entry

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 26 18:38:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, fh hillsboro wrote:

> That was me taking a look at your site to see how the "under construction"
> page came out.

Frank,

   I figured that out.

   The "IP addr" entry showed 4 visits, so I looked at the few domains with 4
visits and connected the incorrect dots. It turns out that there were 2
visits from the same domain, but with different IP address blocks. Why those
did not resolve I don't know; whois found them right away.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.