[PLUG] DNS...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sat Feb 25 18:04:09 UTC 2006

I'm trying to program Bind 9 which comes with Fedora Core 1 to
not forward any requests to Internet name servers.  So far, I've
tried commenting out the hints section of named.conf.  I'm still
seeing FORWARD requests to port 53 on this nameserver's Internet
gateway.  How do you disable direct to Internet queries in
Bind 9?  How does a bind 9 server know where the Internet
nameservers are if the hints section of named.conf is
commented out?

If anyone is wondering why there's an Internet gateway, I need
to allow a specific remote client to come in.  A secure tunnel
is properly in order, but that's another topic ;-)

     -- Michael C. Robinson