[PLUG] St00pid n00bie command line question

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 17:58:47 UTC 2006

On 27 Feb 2006, at 8:58, m0gely wrote:

> John Jordan wrote:
>
> > And as a second issue, when does Free Geek have command line
> > classes? I probably can't go until after finals the week of 3/15,
> > but I'd like to do something formally to improve my knowledge.
>
> A couple good links for you:

Thanks to all for the suggestions -- but!

To everyone who exhorts me to read man pages, we've already
discussed that a while back. Once in a while I can actually
understand parts of them now. But I still don't have any idea what
an "argument" is. (OK, I do know what it is in Semantics, but that's
not a computer meaning.) Nor do I know what an "operand" is, or
why I should care to know.

But having sat in on part of one of Aj's classes at Free Geek where
she discussed some rudimentary command line things, I
discovered that it helped a great deal. For some reason, it sticks
when I get it in a classroom. Plus it's more efficient -- if I didn't
understand I can just say so, instead of spending half an hour
googling around for wading through man pages looking for a better
explanation. There's also the group dynamic of a classroom setting
that makes learning more effective.

So back to the original question. Nothing on freegeek.org about
classes. So how do I find out when Free Geek has command line
classes?