[PLUG] Starting up a web page

Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wevl at pacifier.com
Tue Feb 28 05:20:50 UTC 2006

Hello all:
I am interested in having my ISP host a web site for my small business.
I am a C / C++ programmer that specializes in industrial automation, but
I know nothing about web site development.

It seems reasonable to me that I should be able to code and test my web
site on one of my Linux systems and when it is complete, sign the
agreement with my ISP (Pacifier) to have them serve up the pages. Is
this reasonable?

If you knew nothing about web development, where would you start? What
would you read? What tools would you use?

Wayne