[PLUG] St00pid n00bie documentation question

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:18:31 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Michael M. <debian at writemoore.net> wrote:
> I tried accessing it with w3m, but the results weren't what I expected
> -- kind of a two column list of what looked like html files, but not the
> contents of those files, which is what I want to read.  I also tried, in
> Firefox, "file:///usr/share/doc/..." but that didn't work right either.

Generally, I just cd into /usr/share/doc/<package> and look at files
with ls & less, or emacs.

I don't *think* there is any standard format or index in there, but I
could certianly be wrong.

There is something in /usr/share/doc-base, it seems, but that looks
horribly incomplete (at least on the box I'm at now).

--Rogan