[PLUG] Starting up a web page

Jason Van Cleve jvancleve at chrome.com
Tue Feb 28 17:24:19 UTC 2006

That all depends on what you want your site to do.  If it's just static
content, it'll work almost anywhere, and any hosting service will work.  If
your site has to "think", then you'll want to select an appropriate
server-side technology.  I write Java servlets and JSP, but there are many
options.  You may find PHP easier to learn, and probably more hosting shops
will support it.

Once you've selected a platform (HTML version, server-side
scripting/programming language, possibly a database), you'll find lots of
online documentation.  And if you're developing in linux, JEdit is a good
editor that runs on Java.

--Jason V. C.