[PLUG] Personal Check Register Software

Jason R. Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:15:42 PST 2006

On 1/2/06, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:
>
> > We had similar problems with a few applications at work.  We used a
> > workaround. LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.
> >
> > This allowed the compat libraries to work, I think.  I believe you are
> > fighting the 2.4/2.6 change.
>
> Ken,
>
>    This box is running the 2.4.31 kernel. No, it's the extensive Gnome
> dependencies that gnucash wants that drove me away. Sigh.

Probably the problem is your distro doesn't provide Gnome1 libraries
anymore, yes?  The Gnome2 port of Gnucash has been just around the
corner for a few years now...

You could try something like Moneydance, if you're willing to shell
out a whopping $30.  They have a free demo version that is only
limited by the number of transactions you can enter (I think it's
100).  The hitch is you have to have a working Sun Java installed.

http://www.moneydance.com/

Versions for Mac, Linux, and Windows.

Jason