[PLUG] Personal Check Register Software

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 2 21:44:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Jason R. Martin wrote:

> Probably the problem is your distro doesn't provide Gnome1 libraries
> anymore, yes? The Gnome2 port of Gnucash has been just around the corner
> for a few years now...

   For whatever the reason, Patrick provides KDE stuff, but not Gnome. It's
never been an issue with me since I use neither.

> You could try something like Moneydance, if you're willing to shell out a
> whopping $30. They have a free demo version that is only limited by the
> number of transactions you can enter (I think it's 100). The hitch is you
> have to have a working Sun Java installed.

   I tried that about five years ago, then read that it died. I've installed
kmymoney and that's working for me -- imports the gnucash data just fine.

   There's also QHacc (I've no idea what the name is supposed to mean). I
downloaded it but didn't install it since I need only one tool.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"