[PLUG] Personal Checkbook Software: Follow Up

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Jan 3 21:09:49 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:47, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Carla Schroder wrote:

> > Another fatal flaw is its QIF import sucks rocks, and its reporting is
> > too limited for my needs.
>
>    Isn't QuackBooks import a one-time event?

Quacken, not QuackBooks. :) Not necessarily. Not all banks or credit card
vendors support direct-downloads of your account data, but do provide QIF and
MS Money exporters. And even if it is just a one-time event, it shouldn't be
as horrible as KMyMoney makes it. You have to set up all of your accounts
first, then perform the import. The import itself is buggy and introduces too
many errors to be useful.