[PLUG] Personal Checkbook Software: Follow Up

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 3 21:14:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Quacken, not QuackBooks.

   Mea culpa!

> Not necessarily. Not all banks or credit card vendors support
> direct-downloads of your account data, but do provide QIF and MS Money
> exporters. And even if it is just a one-time event, it shouldn't be as
> horrible as KMyMoney makes it. You have to set up all of your accounts
> first, then perform the import. The import itself is buggy and introduces
> too many errors to be useful.

   As I wrote in response to Jason's information, I don't do on-line banking.
I did find that the gnucash importer worked perfectly, and that relieved that
concern.

   KMyMoney2 has a large development staff (according to the manual), so
perhaps they'll smooth the rough edges in the not-too-distant future.

Happy New Year,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"