[PLUG] Konqueror auto-complete(?)

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Jan 6 17:52:00 UTC 2006

I don't know what this feature is called. In Konqueror, and other
browsers, when filling in a text box, sometimes a drop-down box appears
with entries that begin with the letters one starts typing. One can
select one of these previously used entries by hitting the down arrow
until you get the one you want, followed by <enter> or <tab>.

I have, on several occasions, typed the first couple of characters, and
then hit <tab>. This causes two things: I don't have the correct entry
in that particular text box, and I now have that incorrect entry added
to the drop-down list for future uses of that box.

Does anyone know where this information is kept? Is it something like a
cookie file that I could edit? I'd like to delete all the entries for
that text entry box and start fresh.

I did try looking in /home/rsteff/.kde/share/apps/kcookiejar/cookies but
didn't find anything obvious.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/