Heed Your Own Advice (was Re: [PLUG] HR4569, video conversion, and Senator Smith)

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Fri Jan 6 21:24:15 UTC 2006

Charlie Schluting wrote:
> I thought he was being quite professional. There aren't many ways to
> request that people use proper mailing list etiquette without pointing
> out an example or two. You must be the person who changed the thread in
> plug-talk?

I was actually referring to his spelling of the MPAA.  Calling large
groups childish names isn't going to help you prove your point.  The top
part of what I quoted was my attempt to show that Keith wanted to keep
the thread on topic and civil.  Below the following <snip> he lost a bit
of the civility and professionalism I thought he was going for.

You have my apologies if my writing wasn't clear enough.

And incidentally, I didn't change the thread in plug-talk, but did ask
for clarification twice on points that were brought up after the thread
had lost its original meaning.

Rob