[PLUG] The Power of LaTeX

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 8 18:32:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:

> Ever thought of giving Diebold compitition on voting machines?

Ken,

   No. I think that Diebold's voting machine business model is that of the
Chicago Democratic machine: vote early, vote often.

   Ya know, it ain't all that difficult to tabulate results from the cards (or
the equivalent form on a touch screen display). Not only should it all be
open source, there's so much prior art going back to the early days of IBM's
tabulators, that it's no secret. What Diebold's issue is with North Carolina
I've no idea.

   However, the MB Group does make caseless scanners for inclusion in one's
own hardware (e.g., lottery or voting machines) so feel free to take your
idea and run with it. I'll do the forms for a modest fee.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"