[PLUG] qmail, daemontools on gentoo: Can't Make Work

Steve Weiland steve at widge.net
Sun Jan 8 21:54:48 UTC 2006

Hi Brian

You should have these users, you probably do:
vpopmail:x:89:89::/var/vpopmail:/bin/false
alias:x:200:200::/var/qmail/alias:/bin/false
qmaild:x:201:200::/var/qmail:/bin/false
qmaill:x:202:200::/var/qmail:/bin/false
qmailp:x:203:200::/var/qmail:/bin/false
qmailq:x:204:201::/var/qmail:/bin/false
qmailr:x:205:201::/var/qmail:/bin/false
qmails:x:206:201::/var/qmail:/bin/false

Note:
 > SERVICE(send), QMAILDUID(201), NOFILESGID(200) or QMAILLUID() is unset in
This indicates that the qmaild uid is 201.

 > The QMAILL user does exist and the ID is 201.
Here you indicate that the qmaill uid is 201

Something odd there.

Have a peep at these files:
/var/qmail/bin/config-sanity-check (this is the one producing the errors you report)
/var/qmail/control/conf-common     (sets QMAILLUID)
   this line:
   QMAILLUID=`id -u qmaill`

The cdb files live here "/etc/tcprules.d/". If there are no *.cdb files in that directory, have a look at
/etc/tcprules.d/Makefile. You will want to generate them.

HTH
--Steve