[PLUG] SCSI Tape being offlined

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Jan 9 23:53:05 UTC 2006

Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

<snip />

> It looks like you've got a pretty old (pre-2000) system with a *bunch*
> of add-in cards. I don't know how adept those systems are at sharing
> interrupts.

Actually a brand new supermicro.  I haven't actually looked at the bios
settings but my friend comes from a SUN background and might have
over-configured though I thought it came with the OS installed.
    Also the Tolis Group engineer made some suggestions ( as I also did
) that probably got the modules and system in this mess.  Seems bru
doesn't like the newer SCSI host adapter drivers so an attempt was made
to _down-grade_ to an older driver.

> Also, I'd expect to see an ide0 listing; I think it's usually at #14. Is
> the first IDE channel supposed to be off-line?

Interesting eh?  No _real_ ide drives involved that I know of.  It is a
SATA/PATA system with the SCSI for the tape library.

   /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 is /
and
   /dev/sda1 is /boot

I might have to get in front of the console.  Or at the very least have
him got back to factory/supplier default settings and possibly back down
to an older kernel ( FC3? ).

Thanks for the input.  It's got me thinking some more.

Rod