[PLUG] What is kded ...

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 11 14:27:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Josh Zeckser wrote:

> ... and why does it always place a big Volume box in the middle of my
> screen when I log into KDE? The weird window is 'always on top', and can
> only be destroyed by killing the kded process (trial and error figured this
> one out for me).

josh,

   According to Google,
<http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kded/html/index.html>

   The documentation is, ahem, sparse. It looks to me that this has something
to do with building services. For whom or what I've no idea.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"