[PLUG] What is kded ...

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Sun Jan 15 13:08:17 PST 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   According to Google,
> <http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kded/html/index.html>
>

>   The documentation is, ahem, sparse. It looks to me that this has
> something
> to do with building services. For whom or what I've no idea.
The sparseness of KDE documentation is annoying at best. Even the
basics, like on-line help, don't exist for much of the humongous project
that KDE is. Apparently the fun of developing KDE itself, which is a
high-quality project, is more than the fun of documenting it, since it's
a volunteer project.

The core API and the QT toolset are fairly well documented, though. And
there are some wonderful development tools like Quanta+, Kommander, and
Korundum.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com