[PLUG] Correct use of 'tee'

Eli Stair eli.stair at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:30:16 PST 2006

Pardon for replying without reading the entire thread, but thought
this may be relevant:

When you're expecting some set output handling to work, sometimes it
doesn't occur the way it "should".  One recent example, redirecting
STDERR/STDOUT from SLES9's rsync is improper for some reason.  You can
correctly redirect 1> 2> when running it in 'normal' or debug, but the
verbose mode doesn't work... comes out properly to the command line,
but when you do 2> /tmp/test.txt your stderr never gets there (or to
console).

Sometimes when you're just starting to think you're crazy, it really
IS something behaving erraticly :)

/eli