[PLUG] Linux Mail Servers

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Mon Jan 16 17:24:32 UTC 2006

Randy Rowlette wrote:
>  I need some help finding some information and resources about setting up a
> mail server on Fedora Core 4 Linux. Any sites or other info would be greatly
> appreciated. Even a point in the right direction. I have been attempting to
> configure Sendmail but do not know if that is the best source.

I'm using Postfix with no hashes to rebuild.  I'm using PostgreSQL for the
configuration that would normally go in hashes in Postfix.  This works very well
because you can change them remotely via whatever tools you like to work on your
database with, i.e. pgAdmin.  I'm using teapop over stunnel4 for the pop3 and it
is also configured via the database.  Life is good.  I've Postfix for about 7
years in commercial and private environments.  It is exceptional, indeed, "State
of the Art".

--
q: Why do so many people take an instant dislike to MySQL and PHP?
a: It saves time.