[PLUG] ntp link

Bruce Kilpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Tue Jan 17 05:11:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 15:27 -0800, Sean Whitney wrote:
> Being that Ubuntu is based on debian you might try the following
>
> Replace ntp.ubuntulinux.org with
>
> server pool.ntp.org
>
> in the ntp.conf file
>
> then, apt-get install ntpdate, this will update your hardware clock
> appropriately
>
> After it's started then /etc/init.d/ntp-server restart
>
> wait a few minutes then see if it's working with a
>
> ntpq -p
>

> Sean
Here is the response from the machine after changing the ntp server and stopping
and restarting ntp-server.

jitter
 blade.avnf.com  .INIT.          16 u    -   64    0    0.000    0.000
4000.00
 LOCAL(0)        73.78.73.84      5 l   49   64    3    0.000    0.000
0.001

If I read this right I am set to local time.  I will do some more
looking for the place to reset to UTC.