[PLUG] Asianux

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 17:35:18 UTC 2006

This distro probably isn't well-known, at least
locally. I downloaded 2.0 "Trinity" yesterday and
tried it out. I selected "Everything" during the
install, less than two full CD's (i386). It's an
RPM-based distro.

The server-type applications work fine. There is a
total absence of multimedia applications--I can't even
tell if the sound card works, although it is
recognized. The module is loaded for the Brooktree TV
card, but "TV Time" can't find it. Also there is no
office suite.

Presumably this will not make it to the desktop, since
even the most modest of other distros (except Damn
Small, perhaps), support many of the omitted
applications out of the box.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/