[PLUG] Visio on Linux?

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 21:09:45 PST 2006

On 18 Jan 2006, at 10:21, Rich Shepard wrote:

<snippage>

Rich,

I love you dearly but please. I just wrote an extensive negative reply
and then deleted it because it did not express my view of this
group, which is without peer in the Linux world. But I saved the
following:

-----
Please, let me make something clear. Every human has a brain
that is wired differently from everyone else on the planet. I CANNOT
DO LOGIC. I am hopeless at programming. I tried it, and I just can't
do it.  Just forget it. Ain't gonna happen. I absolutely must have
immediate visual feeback of what I am doing. I'd do better with
paper and pencil than the TeX family. Not that I've totally given up
on it. Maybe someday. Like after TeX becomes an integrated one-
application GUI like InDesign. And even InDesign took me weeks of
working with it to figure it out. I can do what I need to in InDesign
now. I just want to dump Windows and I need a Linux GUI
alternative.

Again, let me save people bandwidth here. FORGET TEX. Think of
me as stupid if you wish. Think whatever you want to of me, but
FORGET TEX. No more TeX enthusiast replies, 'k?
-----

I have the greatest admiration for people like Rich who can do
graphical stuff in TeX. For me, it ain't gonna happen. You'd have
better luck teaching monkeys to write Shakespeare.