[PLUG] all in one printers

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Jan 20 23:05:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Mel Andres wrote:

> Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
>
>> Some time back there was a discussion about an HP all-in-one.  I
>> believe it was about the 2610xi.  The general drift was about the
>> lack of support for these machines. The person who asked the
>> question was going to try the drivers for a 2600...my question...
>> Did you have any luck making the 2610 work? I have one and would
>> like to have it work under Ubuntu or perhaps add it to the network.
>> Either way it needs to be Linux usable.
>
> http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_2600

We've got an HP 3020 sitting behind a Jetdirect 175x. Scanning is
available via a simple web interface; no local drivers are needed.
Once the scan is complete, the resulting image is e-mailed to your
inbox.

Of course, a Jetdirect appliance isn't cheap (ca. $150), and I don't
know if the 175x will work with that Photosmart model, but it's a
useful solution in some environments.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com