[PLUG] all in one printers

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sun Jan 22 19:31:15 UTC 2006

Also Sprach Bruce Kilpatrick <bakilpatrick at verizon.net> on Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 01:15:01PM PST:
> Some time back there was a discussion about an HP all-in-one.  I believe
> it was about the 2610xi.  The general drift was about the lack of
> support for these machines.
> The person who asked the question was going to try the drivers for a
> 2600...my question...
> Did you have any luck making the 2610 work?
> I have one and would like to have it work under Ubuntu or perhaps add it
> to the network.  Either way it needs to be Linux usable.

I got a 6210 a few months back and it's worked quite nicely for my light
printing needs.  The paper feeder is kinda flimsy, but for ~$200 it's not
a bad unit.

It uses the "HPLIP" Free software from http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/.
The only thing it cannot do that the Windows software can is sending a fax
directly from the PC, which I have not needed (although support is planned).

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *