[PLUG] Chroot and wifi

johnxj at comcast.net johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 18:38:16 UTC 2006

Yes, I see now that you are right about BIND, considering that the items on the boot screen said bind, not BIND.

On another issue, I am now at PSU and happily connected and using Firefox from chroot. To make it work first I opened 64-bit Firefox and went to PSU home just to get NoCat to come up and log in. Having done so I hovered over /etc/resolv.conf and noted that now it said "search PSU" instead of "search Comcast" and the IP addresses were different. I sudo - opened Gedit, then opened both resolv.conf files and copied and pasted the new search parameters from the /etc version to the /chroot/breezy/32bits/etc copy and saved it. Finally, I shut down 64-bit Firefox and opened chrooted 32-bit Firefox. It worked!

Of course, when I get home it will probably be broken for Comcast.

So now I need to figure out how to automate this. 'cause copying and pasting is going to become a PITA. I know zero about programming, scripts and such. Hopefully there is a simple way to do it.