[PLUG] Chroot and wifi

Adrienne Davis ladyfractal at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 18:51:20 UTC 2006

John:

Were you in my class at Freegeek over the weekend? If not, you are having an issue eerily similar to one of my students over the weekend.

Cheers
Aj

johnxj at comcast.net wrote: Yes, I see now that you are right about BIND, considering that the items on the boot screen said bind, not BIND.

On another issue, I am now at PSU and happily connected and using Firefox from chroot. To make it work first I opened 64-bit Firefox and went to PSU home just to get NoCat to come up and log in. Having done so I hovered over /etc/resolv.conf and noted that now it said "search PSU" instead of "search Comcast" and the IP addresses were different. I sudo - opened Gedit, then opened both resolv.conf files and copied and pasted the new search parameters from the /etc version to the /chroot/breezy/32bits/etc copy and saved it. Finally, I shut down 64-bit Firefox and opened chrooted 32-bit Firefox. It worked!

Of course, when I get home it will probably be broken for Comcast.

So now I need to figure out how to automate this. 'cause copying and pasting is going to become a PITA. I know zero about programming, scripts and such. Hopefully there is a simple way to do it.