[PLUG] Chroot and printing

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jan 25 23:52:03 PST 2006

On 25 Jan 2006, at 19:36, RParr wrote:

> I have Debian sid running amd64 with a 32 bit sid chroot.
>
> I have CUPS configured on the amd64 portion.
>
> In the chroot I installed JUST cupsys-bsd and cupsys-client.
> After that my Adobe Acrobat, Mozilla, and OpenOffice in the chroot are
> able to print.

Thanks! that helps.

However, although now I can print from Acrobat, the print dialog
box is ridiculous to the point of being useless. I cannot even tell it
how many copies to print. This is pathetic. No options at all. I also
have another printer installed and it never appears as a possibility.

I installed cupsys-bsd and cupsys-client via Synaptic32. Did I do
something wrong?