[PLUG] PHP verses JSP and servlets...

Jason Van Cleve jvancleve at chrome.com
Thu Jan 26 17:32:28 UTC 2006

Some of these questions are better asked of the local Java user's group
(PJUG).

I am.  Apache provides functionality beyond what Tomcat offers (mod_rewrite,
for instance), and it's more efficient at serving static content.

> The experimental java compiler in Fedora Core 3,
> what's the source and why it is experimental?

Because it's just an experiment?  :)  If you really want to do Java, I
recommend using a proven compiler, either javac or jikes.

> Are Java developers at the the whim of Sun when it
> comes to using the SDK or not?

Can you define the question better?  There is a "community process" by which
changes are introduced, but it's Sun's product, after all.  It's not open
source, technically, and some have issues with that:

--Jason Van Cleve