[PLUG] Anyone Using AbiWord?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 28 00:21:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Jason Van Cleve wrote:

> I have used it, not very long ago.  I actually liked it much better than
> OO, because of the startup time. It's very fast, fairly stable, and easy to
> install/use. OO has been none of those, in my experience, though I haven't
> worked with it recently.

   Turns out that OO.o-2.0 starts much faster than did the 1.1 series.

> However, I've started running Word via XCrossoverOffice, because of some
> stupid Word-only features I have to use.

   Macro malware? :-) I've never used Word, but if OO.o is a clone, then I
hope to never have to use it. I used WordPerfect for 18 years so I compare
everything to that, and they all fall short. But, life goes on.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"