[PLUG] Linux Clinic at Freegeek

Marin J. Kosmal lamsokvr at xprt.net
Sun Jan 29 20:37:28 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 16:14 -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> I stopped by Freegeek on Saturday, and chanced upon Oso, and talked
> a couple of minutes about holding Linux Clinic at Freegeek on Sundays.
> He had heard about it, and thought the community council might like it.
> I am hard of hearing, and didn't catch all he said, so there might be
> some errors in what follows, but here goes:
>
> Oso mentioned two gating items.  First, we need to convince someone
> authorized, with a key, to be there with us.  Second, these things
> are decided by the Freegeek community council, so we need to make
> our pitch to them.
>
> The community council meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at
> 7:15pm ( see http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/Community_Council ).
> We just missed the last one, the next one is on Feb 15.  We need to
> get on the agenda for that meeting, and have what we want to say
> figured out.
>
> ---
>
> If we do this, our mix will change - we are moving out of a rich
> suburban high school and into industrial southeast.  We will probably
> have a lot of newbies just out of freegeek training, some random
> appearances by street people, and other possible upsets.  I think
> the change will be rewarding, but we may have to set up some extra
> procedures that Dan and Paul and Eric did not need.
>
> I don't want to lead this, but I can contribute and participate.  I
> suggest that we put together a list of volunteers that can help the
> "keymaster" by learning the layout and directing attendees to the
> loo and cleaning up afterwards and such.  Given how much work this
> was for our previous Linux Clinic hosts, I would suggest at least
> 6 people, each committed to being there at least 8 months out of 12
> during the year.  I volunteer, so we need 5 more.  Remember, this is
> a commitment, so that means giving up other things for one Sunday a
> month.  The fearless leader will need to be there pretty much every
> month.
>
> We need to pick which Sunday in the month.  The volunteers choose,
> of course.
>
> So who wants to be Gozer//// leader of this motley crew?
>
> Keith

Keith

If you can't find anyone else..  I would like to apply for the job..

Ever since CLUG <Clark Linux User Group> died, I have been adrift on the
sea of loneliness.  No where to go...  I was the CLUG person for six
wonderful years..

If I had a place to go the Third Sunday < or the First, or Second, or,
etc>

This quarter <till second week in March> I am in class every night and
most of Saturday.  Other then that.. FREE.  Especially SUNDAY!!

So

Marvin J. Kosmal