[PLUG] Is Anyone Using Scribus?

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 10:12:41 PST 2006

On 31 Jan 2006, at 6:49, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I've downloaded, built, and installed Scribus-1.2.4.1 and I'm trying to
> create a brochure. Simple thing like changing the font of text in a
> text frame is not working. I've written to the scribus mail list about
> this, but I'm also curious if anyone on this mail list is using
> Scribus. If so, it would be nice to share insight and knowledge.

I have fiddled with it, but not enough to be any kind of expert, or
even a regular user.

Formatting text is one of the things I don't like about it because it's
just about impossible in the frame. You have to open the story
editor, but then you lose the GUI.

But otherwise it is pretty good. And development is moving along
very rapidly. I'm pinning a lot of hope on it for the future.