[PLUG] Is Anyone Using Scribus?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 31 11:04:13 PST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, John Jordan wrote:

> Formatting text is one of the things I don't like about it because it's
> just about impossible in the frame. You have to open the story editor, but
> then you lose the GUI.

John,

   There are two ways of editing and formatting text: using the built-in
storyboard editor or something like OpenOffice.org Writer. I've no idea what
GUI you lose in the storyboard editor, that's just a complex dialog box with
a multi-line text entry widget. In the text frames I've created I've typed the
text, then highlighted it and applied the attributes I want. Now I'll go back
and learn how to make paragraph styles so I can use those.

> But otherwise it is pretty good. And development is moving along very
> rapidly. I'm pinning a lot of hope on it for the future.

   For my immediate purposes, it's there already.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"